seed, the youngest school of Architecture and Design in Kerala is now in its third year of functioning and is being guided by some of the brightest academics and critical practitioners of contemporary times. The school entered into a new path of reorientation at the beginning of this Academic year 2020 and is already positioning itself as a place of serious thinking and learning on Design of environments.
seed is now looking to build its robust faculty team further with the addition of young, passionate and rigorous individuals who are looking to contribute wholeheartedly to the world of Architectural Academics. If you think you have the qualities to look at this position beyond the mere formalities of tutorship, and are looking at a fertile ground to learn and share knowledge with each other, apply now!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE OF CORE FACULTY AS PER THE COUNCIL OF ARCHITECTURE (2020)
I. Associate Professor
Bachelor‘s Degree in Architecture or equivalent to B. Arch. and Master‘s Degree in Architecture or in allied subjects of Architecture with minimum 60 per cent. Marks at either level, and
- Eight years experience in teaching/ research/ professional work out of which a full-time teaching experience of minimum three years
- Thirteen years of professional experience.
II. Assistant Professor
- Bachelor‘s Degree in Architecture or equivalent to B. Arch. with minimum 60 per cent. marks and three years of relevant professional experience.
- Bachelor‘s Degree in Architecture or equivalent to B. Arch. and Master‘s Degree in Architecture or in allied subjects of Architecture with minimum 60 per cent. Marks at either level and one year of relevant professional experience.
III. Faculty from Allied Disciplines (Design, Humanities, History, Engineering)
Minimum qualification in the respective field at Bachelor and/ or Master‘s level with at least 60 per cent. marks at either level.
Send your applications to [email protected].
Last date for application: 01st December 2020.
Call +91 9447623535 for any queries regarding Faculty Recruitment.
- Experience shall mean professional experience and/or Teaching and/or Research in the field of Architecture, counted from the date of registration with Council for core faculty or valid equivalent certification from concerned authorities. Professional experience shall be substantiated by Experience certificates from employers, Work orders, Completion certificates and Sample Drawings of the projects undertaken, as the case may be.
- Full time faculty means a registered architect, who has put up full time service as a faculty member with the University or institutions approved by Council, either on regular (Permanent) or tenure basis (full time).
- The Post Graduate degree or diploma courses in various areas of specialisation in Architecture or its allied fields, with minimum duration of Two year/Four Semester (Full-Time) or Three years/ Six Semester (Part-time), awarded by Indian Universities or competent authorities recognized by Central Government and granted equivalence by any competent authority of the Central Government to M. Arch. degree awarded by Indian Universities, shall be valid for the purposes of appointment in the University or Institutions imparting Architectural education.
All Architects possessing Post Graduate Degree or Diploma awarded by Authorities outside India shall be required to produce certificate of equivalence to that of Master‘s Degree in Architecture or Allied fields granted by competent authority of the Central Government, in order to be considered for appointment as faculty.
- Undergraduate qualifications acquired through self-study or non-formal mode though acceptable for purpose of Registration shall not be considered as equivalent Qualification for recruitment as faculty. The candidate must have acquired the recognized qualification through formal mode at undergraduate or Post-Graduate level.